When it comes to learning about the various types of foods, organic and non-organic are probably the two most popular types. Due to their popularity, choosing one between the two can be confusing provided you don’t have any clue. Here are a few pointers to distinguish between organic and non-organic food.
- Non-Organic Food – Non-organic food is a type of food that is produced by the use of chemicals. Chemicals like herbicides, pesticides and insecticides are a few used for the production of non-organic food. Moreover, the same chemicals play a role to get rid of pests, insects, weeds etc.
- Organic Food – Organic food is a type of food produced by the use of chemicals but in little amounts. It is the natural compounds like manure and compost that helps in the production of this type of food. Moreover, organic food is produced by using crop rotation, tilling, mulching and hand-wedding which are simpler methods. In fact, pests, insects, and weeds are removed by using traps, insects and birds.
Here are some of the differences between organic and non-organic food.
- At the time of producing organic food, it helps the soil. The soil tends to remain fertile for a longer duration rather than drying out quickly and easily. This is possible due to the organic farming technique that uses manure and compost as natural fertilizers.
- Due to the use of the organic farming technique, this technique benefits the environment by allowing more water to get saved, producing less pollution, conserving more energy and so on.
- Consuming organic foods is beneficial to our health as it contains a rich amount of nutrients along with richer flavors and taste.
Therefore, consider focusing more on consuming organic foods in Brisbane from stores.